Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority Serving Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties

Choose Your Service

Trip Planner

System Map

beginning location
final destination


Quick Links

Senior Citizen Transit ID Cards

Senior Citizens may continue to use a PA Senior Citizen Transit ID or they may use a valid PA Driver's License or PA photo ID Card to ride on SEPTA. AT THIS TIME, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO COME TO 1234 MARKET STREET TO HAVE YOUR PHOTO TAKEN TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE TRAVEL ON SEPTA TRANSIT SERVICES.

Senior Citizens, age 65 and older, wishing to ride SEPTA bus, trolley, and subway service free of charge, or take advantage of the $1.00 Regional Rail fare within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, may use a PA Driver's License or State ID.

Seniors without a License or State-issued ID card may show one of these three forms of ID:

Railroad Retirement Annuity Card

Medicare Card (Issued by the Social Security Administration)

PA Senior Citizen Transit ID Card

Trips made to the selected stations SEPTA serves in New Jersey and the State of Delaware require an additional fare.

To obtain a Pennsylvania Senior Citizen Transit Identification Card

The application for a Senior Citizen Transit Identification Card is available to download or may be obtained in person at the Customer Service location at 1234 Market Street. Please note, effective Sunday, November 1, 2015, applications are available but no longer processed at State Legislator Offices. Applications will not be accepted by mail.

If you prefer to download, print and complete the Senior Citizen Transit ID application ahead of time, please make sure all fields above the words 'This Section To Be Completed By Transit Agency' are filled in.

Applicants for a Senior Citizen Transit Identification Card must appear in person to complete the application process.

Visit the location in the lobby at 1234 Market St.

Applicants are required to show at least one form of accepted identification along with a completed application.

Accepted Forms Of Identification
Armed Forces Discharge/Separation Papers
Baptismal Certificate
Birth Certificate
Veteran's Universal Access ID Card
Resident Alien Card
Yellow PACE Card (Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly)
Passport/Naturalization Papers
Pennsylvania ID Card (Non-Driver)
Photo Drivers License
Statement of Age Verification from the U.S. Social Security Administration

Replacement of Lost Cards

Lost or Stolen Senior cards will be replaced one (1) time at no cost. A second replacement card will not be issued until one (1) year elapses from the date of the original replacement.