Check the Expiration Date on the Front of Your SEPTA Key Card
Cards That Say - Good Thru 11/19 - Will Be Expiring November 30, 2019
There are SEPTA Key Cards in use that will be expiring on November 30, 2019 so please take a moment to check the "GOOD THRU" date on the front of your Card. If your Card is set to expire and it is not already registered, please do so immediately (https://septakey.org). This action protects your Card and fare products today and will make it much easier to transfer any Travel Wallet funds or unused One Day Independence/One Day Convenience Passes* on your Card.
Please remember, if your Card is set to expire November 30th you will not be able to add a December monthly Pass or a Weekly Pass good for travel 11/25 - 12/01/19. Travel Wallet funds will continue to be valid on an expiring Card through November 30th.
Before you can transfer the fare product(s) on an expiring Card you will need to:
- Purchase a new SEPTA Key Card
- Register your new Key Card to your existing account
Once you have a new Card, you have three options to transfer your fares:
- Visit a SEPTA Sales Location - you can buy a new Card and have your fare product(s) transferred on the spot in one transaction
- Call the SEPTA Key Customer Call Center (855-567-3782) (please note it can take up to 48 hours to process this request)
* The Call Center cannot process unused One Day Independence or One Day Convenience Passes for registered Key Cards. This transfer can only be completed at a SEPTA Sales location.
- Go to septakey.org and do a Card to Card transfer of your Pass and/or Travel Wallet funds.
If your Card expires and it is unregistered, your only option is to contact the SEPTA Key Customer Call Center
to request a credit/refund for any unused Travel Wallet Funds - so please remember to register your Key Card.
How to Register Your Key Card Online:
- Create an account by going to www.septakey.org and clicking on "create an account" in the blue box at the top left side of the homepage
- This takes you to the Account Registration page. Fill in the field with your information and follow the prompts to complete the process
- Once you are finished with Account Registration, you will receive an email to Confirm Registration. Click the link in the e-mail and you'll be ready to go
- Return to www.septakey.org and enter your username and password in the blue log-in box. Hit enter
- On the next screen, there will be a red icon on the left that says Register Key Card. Click on the link and include your 16-digit Key Card number when it asks for "Key Card." You also need to create a PIN for your card
- Once you've entered all the information to register your Key Card, click Submit - and your Key Card registration is complete. You can now use the Key website to load/reload fares, set up an auto-load account, review your trip history, or report a lost or stolen Card
Where to Buy Your New Key Card:
- You can purchase a new SEPTA Key Card at a Station or Bus Loop Fare Kiosk, at a SEPTA Transit and Center City Regional Rail Sales Location (see the list of locations and map below. You can also go to one of the External Retailers that sell Key Cards or the outlying SEPTA Regional Rail Ticket Offices now selling SEPTA Key Cards, but please remember these locations cannot transfer fares on an expiring Key Card
- When you get your new Key Card you will need to pay the $4.95 purchase fee but if you register the Card within 30 days of buying the Card, this amount will be credited to your Travel Wallet for use at a later time
- Please remember that you must make a purchase when you get a Key Card.We recently reduced the Travel Wallet load amount to $1.00, at Station and Bus Loop Fare Kiosks, so you can make that your fare purchase with your new Card
- Don't forget to immediately register your new Card to your existing account - you'll need to do this before you can transfer any fare products
|SEPTA SALES LOCATIONS
|1234 Market St.
SEPTA Sales Office 19107
|15th St. Sales Office
1500 Market St.
|Frankford Transportation Center
Bridge St. & Frankford Ave., 19124
|Olney Transportation Center
5600 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19141
|69th St. Transportation Center
6901 Market St.
Upper Darby, PA 19082
|30th Street Station Ticket Office
30th & Market Sts., Train Terminal
Philadelphia, PA 19104
|Jefferson Station Ticket Office
12th & Market Sts.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
|Suburban Station Ticket Office
16th St. & JFK Blvd., Concourse
Philadelphia, PA 19103
|Temple University Station Ticket Office
Berks St. between 9th and 10th Sts.,
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Click on the icons in the map below for SEPTA Sales locations and hours
Use the + or - controls to zoom out for additional sales locations or refer to the table above for a list of all locations.